Saturday, June 11, 2016

One More Day

So I've decided to start a blog for my summer study abroad trip to Germany! The grant I received actually requires that I blog once a month so I might as well try to make it a regular habit while I'm abroad. hehe.

A little background information:

I will be participating in the University of Kansas' Language Institute in Holzkirchen, Germany. This program is language and culture intensive and allows for me to take 9 credit hours (three classes) while living in Germany for the summer. I will be staying with a host family for 7 weeks while attending classes, and the first week the entire group will be traveling around to Berlin, Bonn, and Cologne before classes start.

After this summer, I will be a senior Economics and German double major at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, and this program fulfills the remaining credits needed to complete my German major.

The only way I am able to participate in this program is thanks to the Honors College at my home university. I was gratefully awarded both the Honors College Traditional Study Abroad Grant for $4,500 and the Libby Finch Study Abroad Award in the amount of $6,000. Of course, I could only accept one award, and it's not hard to figure out which one I accepted !

Anyways, I hope this blog will be a good way to document and share my trip with everyone ! I plan on making the most of this experience and enjoying every single day !!

Bis dann!
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures, you will be in the heart of Bavaria. Ich liebe dich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete